Meiday! Blog site blocked in China

One important detail that we probably forgot to look into before Mom & Dad left for China: the heavy restrictions on website access. I forgot that Blogger is blocked in China, so they will not be able to update this blog. However, I will be posting updates here on their behalf so that you all can still enjoy the pictures, stories and other crazy things they decide to do. (Hopefully we can find another website that they will be able to access so you all can communicate to them directly)


I would like to start by commenting that Mom & Dad did not miss the opportunity to brag to Ashton and I about their first class seats and service. Before the plane even taxied off from the gate, they were sending us emails and updates on how wonderful their spacious seats were on the plane. Dad had two glasses of scotch previously at the Exec lounge, so I think they were a little to excited (drunk) when they boarded.

After that we hadn't heard from them until the next evening. Adjusting the clocks was difficult. It seems Mom had woken Dad up at 5am because their biological clocks said it was 5pm...dinner ;D.

I assume the tour has started and they have sent us pictures from the Temple of Heaven and Great Wall of China (Badaling). I have to say I am quite jealous. They seem to have great weather; not to hot or humid and the sky is amazingly blue with no clouds or smog. Stay tuned for more...